SI Leaders are responsible for attending all class meeting of the selected course, taking notes, and completing all assignments. Leaders are required to conduct two to three 50-minute SI sessions each week and must use strategies provided in SI Leader training workshops. SI Leaders must also maintain office hours with the SI Coordinator, attend SI team and one-on-one meetings, maintain contact with students and faculty throughout the term, complete necessary paperwork, collect attendance of each session, and model appropriate professional attitudes for representing the Supplemental Instruction program, Academic Success Center, and Sam Houston State University. SI Leaders typically work between 10-15 hours per week.
- At least a sophomore with two semesters complete at SHSU by end of current term
- Must have recommendation from professor of record
- An overall SHSU GPA of 3.0 or above is required
- A grade of B or above in the selected course is required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Must be able to attend all scheduled lectures for the SI-supported course
- Must be able to work approximately 10-15 hours per week (Monday-Friday, evenings will be required for sessions)