In the U.S.
Credit Hours Obtained:
More than 30 or an Associate's Degree
- All undergraduate international students must submit the Apply Texas Application (International) and pay the nonrefundable application fee in U.S. currency. All undergraduate international students must declare a major (other than General Studies) on the application for admission.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Must meet domestic transfer GPA requirements.
|Transferable Credit Hours||Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements on Transferable Credit Hours|
|0-12 transferable credit hours||Applicant must meet the Beginning Freshmen Admission Requirements as well as have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.5 or higher on transferable hours.|
|12-17 credit hours||Minimum 2.5 GPA|
|18+ credit hours||Minimum 2.0 GPA|
- Students who are currently suspended from another college or university are not eligible for admission to Sam Houston State University.
- Current proof of financial support. The student’s or sponsor’s bank statement(s) on bank letterhead indicating an amount of deposit equal to the estimated expense for one year at the University. Visit www.shsu.edu/international for further details.
- Confirmation of dependents. If dependents will accompany the student to the U.S., provide each dependent’s full name, date of birth, country of citizenship, and relationship to the student. For each dependent the dollar amount of financial support must be increased by the following amounts: $2,000 for a spouse, $2,000 for the first child, and $1,000 for each additional child. Visit www.shsu.edu/international for further details.
- Home country address. Regardless of current residency, students must provide a home country address for the processing of the I-20 A/B. Visit www.shsu.edu/international for further details.
- International Student Advisor’s Report. This form is to be completed and signed by the student and an advisor at the U.S. university or college.
- Copies of immigration documents (i.e., passport photo page, visa, and I-94).
- To ensure that all undergraduate admission and immigration papers are in order, international students are required to visit the Office of International Programs immediately upon arrival on campus. Telephone (936) 294-4737 or e-mail email@example.com.
- All international students are required to purchase the University’s Group Hospitalization, Medical Evacuation, and Repatriation Insurance available to all eligible SHSU students. Further information concerning this required coverage may be obtained from the University Health Center. Telephone (936) 294-1805.
All International Students are required to complete International Student Orientation, in lieu of New Student Orientation. Contact the Office of International Programs at (936) 294-4607 for information concerning this specialized orientation session.