International Beginning Freshmen: Graduated From a High School In the United States

International Applicant:

Beginning Freshman

Completed High School:

In the U.S.

Admission Requirements/Documentation

  • All undergraduate international students must submit the Apply Texas Application (International) and pay the nonrefundable application fee in U.S. currency. All undergraduate international students must declare a major (other than General Studies) on the application for admission.
  • A final high school transcript showing the date of graduation and class ranking and satisfactory ACT Composite or SAT I scores.
High School GPA RangeACT CompositeSAT I
(Evidence Based Reading/Writing + Math)
3.5 - 4.0 17 930
3.0 - 3.49 19 1010
2.5 -2.99 22 1110
2.25-2.49 25 1210
2.24 & below considered by review only considered by review only

* At least a 2.5 GPA (if not all 4 years of HS in the US).  If GPA is below 2.5, the applicant will need to meet domestic requirements AND SAT/ACT scores will be required.

See instructions for submitting your undergraduate application materials at the admissions page for international students >>

Enrollment Requirements

  • Current proof of financial support. The student’s or sponsor’s bank statement(s) on bank letterhead indicating an amount of deposit equal to the estimated expense for one year at the University. Visit for further details.
  • Home country address. Regardless of current residency, students must provide a home country address for the processing of the I-20 A/B. Visit for further details.
  • International Student Advisor’s Report. This form is to be completed and signed by the student and an advisor at the U.S. high school.
  • Copies of immigration documents (i.e., passport photo page, visa, and I-94).
  • To ensure that all undergraduate admission and immigration papers are in order, international students are required to visit the Office of International Programs immediately upon arrival on campus. Telephone (936) 294-4737 or e-mail
  • All international students are required to purchase the University’s Group Hospitalization, Medical Evacuation, and Repatriation Insurance available to all eligible SHSU students. Further information concerning this required coverage may be obtained from the University Health Center. Telephone (936) 294-1805.

All International Students are required to complete International Student Orientation, in lieu of New Student Orientation. Contact the Office of International Programs at (936) 294-4607 for information concerning this specialized orientation session.