Learning Lab/Lamination Hours
for Spring 2019
Opens on Wednesday, January 16, 2019.
9:00am – 4:00pm
9:00am – 3:00pm
9:00am – 1:00pm
9:00am – 12:00pm
The Learning Lab is a workspace offered by The School of Teaching and Learning for students enrolled in education courses to work on various projects introduced in the courses.
In order to utilize the Learning Lab, the student must be enrolled in one of the following courses for the current semester: BESL, ECHE, CIEE, CIME, READ, CISE, SPED, or TESL. Students are required to present their active Bearkat OneCard (SamID) to the student assistant on duty. The student assistant will check the student in. The student will then fill out the Acknowledgement Form with the student assistant. The student will not be permitted to utilize the Learning Lab if they are not enrolled for one of the above listed courses, they did not fill out the Acknowledgement Form, or if an active SamID is not presented to the student assistant. Upon departure from the Learning Lab, the student must present their SamID to the student assistant in order to check out.
Learning Lab Rules
- SAM ID is required to sign in
- Student must sign in and sign out with student assistant using SAM ID
- Food and Drink are not permitted in the Learning Lab
- Work quietly and set your cell phone on vibrate
- Ask the student assistant for assistance with lamination
- Equipment and Supplies must remain in the Learning Lab at all times
- Return all supplies and materials to their original storage area
- Clean-up workspace after you have finished for the day
The student assistants monitor the Learning Lab as a courtesy to you. Please treat them with kindness and respect.
Lamination Rules and Guidelines
We cannot laminate:
- Liquid Glue (Elmer’s, Rubber Cement, Gel)
- Hot Glue
- Metallic items such as foil/metallic stickers/brads
- Pop-up stickers or raised items (they leave bubbles in the lamination)
- Anything thicker than two pieces of cardstock, file folders, poster board, or construction paper
We can laminate:
- Glue Stick
- Colored Pencils
- Craypaz (oil pastels)
- Dry paint
Student Assistants are limited to the amount they will laminate per person per day:
- 10 feet of lamination OR
- 10 file folders OR
- 20 sheets of paper OR
- 2 posters
**Please note: Students are not allowed to leave projects with the student assistant or anywhere in the Learning Lab. All students are required to be present while their project is being laminated. Students cannot come back at a later time to pick up a project. All projects left overnight are subject to be thrown away.