The Sam Houston State University School of Music is pleased to announce openings in the newly formed graduate string quartet. Four assistantships will be awarded to two violinists, a violist and a cellist. Applications, whether as individuals or pre-formed groups, are being accepted now!
For priority consideration of an assistantship in the Graduate String Quartet, applicants should have their Graduate School and School of Music applications complete (including the audition) by August 1, 2020.
ONLINE APPLICATION AVAILABLE AT
- Four assistantships will be awarded: two violinists, a violist and a cellist
- $9,846 each for a 9-month appointment
- Out-of-state tuition waver
- Bachelor of Music degree or equivalent
- Exceptional performance ability
- Admission to SHSU School of Music and Graduate School
- Recipients will be graduate students pursuing one of the following: Master of Music, Performer's Certificate, or Artist Diploma Certificate
- Weekly rehearsals as a string quartet
- Event performances
- Assisting studio professors/orchestra conductor
- Chamber performances representing the School of Music on and off campus
- Leadership positions in SHSU ensembles
- Weekly coachings with music faculty