Faculty moderators support the URS by offering professional feedback to student presenters in order to facilitate their academic growth.
REGISTER HERE SOON
Registration for faculty moderators closes on March 31, 2020
Upon arrival, please check in at the Faculty Moderator registration table. Here, you will receive your faculty moderator packet which includes your name tag, assigned sessions, and faculty moderator forms. Make sure to pick up a program to view our event schedule and additional information.
Moderator Form Information
- SAMPLE MODERATOR ORAL-MEDIA FORM
- SAMPLE MODERATOR POSTER FORM
- Forms should be given directly to presenters after their sessions are over
- Critiques of student presentations should be listed out on the evaluation form only and not relayed during the question and answer sessions
*If you are unable to give the student his/her form, please give them to your Honors Student Ambassador Moderator or turn the form(s) in at the registration desk.
Moderating Oral-Media Sessions
- Each session will include 3-4 presenters who will each be allotted 12-15 minutes to present his or her research
- Moderators will be responsible for filling out one evaluation form per presentation
- A Q & A period will be held after all students have presented
*Honors Student Ambassadors will preside over sessions introducing presenters and keeping track of time.
Moderating Poster Sessions
- All posters are presented concurrently in designated LSC rooms
- Moderators will be responsible for filling out one evaluation form per poster presentation they are assigned
- Student presenters will be standing near their posters throughout the session to answer any questions regarding their presentation
The Elliott T. Bowers Honors College
Academic Building IV Suite 201 | Box 2479 | Huntsville, Texas 77341-2479
Phone: (936) 294.1477 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org