Faculty Moderator Registration
Registration for faculty moderators closes on Thursday, April 1, 2021.
NOTE: April 1, 2021 is also the submission deadline.
Faculty moderators support the URS by offering student presenters professional feedback in order to facilitate their academic growth. Participating as a moderator gives faculty the opportunity to see what students are working on. All faculty moderators must register before the deadline!
- Registration Tip: Make sure to select "Faculty Moderator" and fill out all prompts correctly.
- Check-In Tip: Make sure to check-in at the "Faculty Moderator" table to receive your moderator packet, name tag, session assigments, and forms. Make sure to pick up a program to view our event schedule and additional informational.
- Be respectful and encouraging of all presenters
- Please remain in the designated room for all presentations occurring during the timed oral sessions
- Q&A Tip: Feel free to ask presenters questions about their research that may help you fill out the Moderator Form, described below, at the end of each session
Moderator Form Information
- SAMPLE MODERATOR ORAL-MEDIA FORM
- SAMPLE MODERATOR POSTER FORM
- Completed moderator forms should be given directly to student presenters after their sessions are over
- If you are unable to give the student his/her completed form, please give them to your Honors Student Ambassador Moderator or turn the completed form(s) in at the registration desk.
- Critiques of student presentations should be listed out on the evaluation form only and not relayed during the question and answer sessions
Moderating Oral-Media Sessions
- Each oral-media session will include 3-4 student presenters who will each be allotted 12-15 minutes to present his or her research
- Honors Student Ambassadors will preside over sessions introducing presenters and keeping track of time.
- Moderators will be responsible for filling out one evaluation form per assigned oral-media presentation
- A Q&A period will be held at the end of the session once all students have presented.
Moderating Poster Sessions
- All posters are presented concurrently in designated LSC rooms
- Moderators will be responsible for filling out one evaluation form per poster presentation they are assigned
- Student presenters will be standing near their posters throughout the session to answer any questions regarding their presentation
The Elliott T. Bowers Honors College
Academic Building IV Suite 202 | Box 2479 | Huntsville, Texas 77341-2479
Phone: (936) 294.1477 | Email: email@example.com