The goal of doing an internship connected with various FCS programs is to enable the student to better understand the challenges and potentials of various careers that are connected the program area. It provides them with specific types of "hands-on" experiences that cannot be obtained through study in the university classroom. In addition, the student is afforded the opportunity to network with professionals in the chosen field of study before entering the world of work as a university graduate.
Internships are required to complete degrees in the programs of family and consumer sciences, fashion merchandising, food service management, and interior design. Students who are eligible for the internship program have completed 90 credit hours and specific prerequisite courses. They can register for this course in spring and summer semesters only. It includes a 200 minimum work experience with an approved company which can include those in the student’s local community, throughout the state, as well as international locations.
- FACS 4369 Internship Course Application – Form A
- Internship Application with Supervising Business – Form B
- Time Log and Weekly Reflection Report – Form C
- Example Time Log and Weekly Reflection Report
- Final Performance Evaluation – Form D
- Assignment 1
- Assignment 2
- Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment (PDF)
- Release and Indemnification Agreement (PDF)