The mission of the Combined Master of Science in Dietetics and Dietetic Internship Program at Sam Houston State University is to prepare graduate students for evidence-based entry-level dietetics practice to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and values necessary to enhance the health, wellness, and quality of life of individuals in the community, the nation, and the world.
Program Goal #1: To prepare graduates who are competent to practice as entry-level dietitians upon program completion.
- Objective 1 - At least 80% of program graduates will complete the program/degree requirements within 24 months.
- Objective 2 - Seventy percent (70%) of program graduates are expected to be employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- Objective 3 - Ninety percent (90%) of program graduates are expected to take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- Objective 4 - Over a five-year period, at least 80% of graduates will pass the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionist within one year following first attempt.
- Objective 5 - During the first year of employment, 85% or more of graduates will be ranked by employers as satisfactory or more than satisfactory with the entry-level preparation of graduates.
- Objective 6 - Eighty percent (80%) or more of employed graduates will rate themselves as prepared or well prepared for their first dietetics related position.
Program Goal #2: To prepare dietetic professionals who will develop and implement evidence based nutrition to enhance the health and wellness and quality of life of individuals in the community, the nation, and the world.
- Objective 1 - At least 80% of graduates will agree or strongly agree they use evidence based nutrition to improve the health and wellness of individuals.
- Objective 2 - Ninety percent (90%) of employers will indicate that graduates can work through nutrition-related problems and ideas (e.g. can think critically) with a rating of satisfactory or more than satisfactory.
Program outcomes data is available on request.