All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for program admission:
- GPA Requirement: Overall GPA of 3.0 or GPA of 3.0 or greater within the last 60 hours of academic work.
- GRE Requirement: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken no earlier than five years prior to application with a minimum score of 290 (verbal + quantitative).
- Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree from an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD). Students who have completed the DPD five or more years prior to the internship start date are required to update their core knowledge with at least two additional upper level dietetics courses prior to potential admission to the program. Courses must be completed through an ACEND accredited nutrition and dietetics program. One course must be in the subject area of Medical Nutrition Therapy. The student should contact the program director to discuss additional coursework.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
Dietetic Internship Application Instructions
Computer Matching: The SHSU Dietetic Internship participates in the spring computer matching process. Information on computer matching policy and procedures can be found by visiting http://www.eatrightacend.org/ACEND/content.aspx?id=6442485425
Step 1: Submission of the online centralized internship application (DICAS)
- The recommendation letters must be from 1) dietetic academic professor, 2) work or volunteer supervisor, and 3) final reference is applicant’s choice.
- Applicants must include GRE scores on DICAS application.
- The fees to applicants for use of the DICAS will be $45 to submit the first application and $20 for each additional application.
Step 2: Register with D&D Digital for computer matching. Registration fee is $55.
Step 3: Pay the $50 SHSU Dietetic Internship (DI) Application Fee
Deadline for completing DICAS, registering for computer match in D&D Digital, and paying the SHSU DI Application Fee is February 15.
Applications of qualified candidates will be reviewed by a selection committee and scored on GPA, GRE score, personal statement, recommendation letters, work & volunteer experience, and awards, scholarship, and service (in that order).
Notification of Admission to Dietetic Internship
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status online by D&D Digital Systems on match day.
- Applicant Notification Day: Sunday, April 7, 2019 beginning 6:00 pm Central Time
- Applicant Appointment Day: Monday, April 8, 2019 – Students must notify the DI Director at firstname.lastname@example.org if they accept/reject the computer match before 6:00 pm Central Time
Second Round Match Instructions
If the SHSU Dietetic Internship has open spots following the first round match, please follow the instructions below:
- Submit your DICAS application to SHSU and pay the $50 SHSU Dietetic Internship Application Fee.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified with a decision.
*Acceptance to the DI program does NOT guarantee admittance into SHSU’s graduate school. If you are denied admission into graduate school, your DI appointment would be forfeited at that time.
Graduate School Application Instructions
Students matched to the SHSU Dietetic Internship will then apply to the SHSU Graduate School at this link: https://www.shsu.edu/dept/graduate-admissions/.