- M.S. in Dietetics, Minor in Business (Sam Houston State University, 2009)
- Bachelor's in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics, Minor in Science (Cum Laude, Stephen F. Austin State University, 2006)
- Registered Dietitian since 2010
Honors and Awards
- Member of Phi Upsilon Omicron
- Member of the Family and Consumer Sciences Honor Society
Mrs. Kimberly Townsend, adjunct professor, has been teaching at Sam Houston State University since 2012. She has 2 years of hospital food service experience and in 2016 began working for a behavioral health hospital as a Registered Dietitian who assesses patients.