About the Conference
The Universality Global Education Conference (UGEC), now in its 8th year, brings together interdisciplinary scholars and students from around the world to discuss issues, theories, research, practices, and teaching in diverse international educational environments.
- Research Paper: Traditional 20 minute paper presenting original research, assessment, philosophical inquiry, or innovative educational practice.
- Panel: 3 or more individuals discussing a focused topic (maximum 30 min.).
- Multimedia/Artistic Presentation: Film, audiovisual, or artistic production (maximum 20 min.).
We invite proposals for papers, panels, posters, multimedia, and artistic presentations related to our theme, Global CommUNITY: Local Strategies and Solutions, or broadly linked to international education from disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives. Sessions at UGEC cover a full range of topics from across the educational pipeline: international education, bilingual education, curriculum, pedagogy, policy, agriculture, multiculturalism, multilingualism, translanguaging, literature, elementary-secondary-postsecondary schooling, leadership, teaching, philosophy, gender issues, research, assessment, and evaluation.
Educators, graduate students, teachers, community members, and those working in government or non-governmental agencies are encouraged to submit proposals.
Proposal submissions must include:
- Email of primary contact
- Presenter(s) names
- Institutional Affiliation
- Proposal title
- Proposal submission category
- Abstract-limit 500 words
- Presentation needs/equipment