The Sam Houston State University Parking Garage, located at 1730 Avenue I, is a separate entity and it is a pay-per-use, or pay-by-semester, facility with access by either garage access card, or major credit card. The garage provides both contract and hourly parking rates.
Summer Session I & II
Summer Session II
Contract parkers have a reserved parking spot on the Ave I ground level. ADA parking is available at the LSC entrance ground level. There are two entrances:
Avenue I Entrance
East side of Garage across from the Music Building parking lot. Enter via Avenue I.
South side of garage across from LSC. Enter via side road by University Advancement.
Elevator is available at the Southeast corner at the Ave I ground level.
$1.00 per hour, maximum $5.00 per transaction for a 24 hour period.
The parking garage is a gated, attendant-less parking system. Access is gained by using a MasterCard, American Express, or BearKat One card. To exit, use the same credit card used at entry.
NOTE: Visa and Discover Credit Cards are NOT accepted.
To park by the hour:
- Stop at entrance gate
- Insert and remove your Bearkat OneCard/MasterCard/American Express Card.
- You will be provided an entry receipt.
- Display the receipt on your dash.
- Gate opens.
- Enter and locate an available parking spot. Do not park in a "Contract Parking" space unless you have a parking contract.
- Upon leaving, proceed to nearest exit.
- Insert the same Bearkat OneCard/MasterCard/American Express Card used during entry.
- Your account will be billed the computed charges.
- Gate opens.
- Exit garage.
The garage may close to public hourly parking during special events.
For surface lot parking, go to the permit web page.