Microsoft Excel: Home Tab
|1. The Home tab has the Cut/Copy/Paste options, the Clipboard, and the Format Painter|
2. Cut and Copy both make a duplicate of your selected text, but Cut removes the selected text from its original location when it is pasted.
3. By selecting the arrow underneath the Paste option you can Paste Special, which maintains the formatting of the text while pasting it, and you can Paste as Hyperlink and Word will turn the text into a link.
4. The Format Painter allows you to quickly apply formatting changes to selected paragraphs. First select the paragraph that you want to copy the formatting from then select the Format Painter button. Now highlight the other paragraphs to format them to match your original.
5. The Font section allows you to change the type of font, size of the font, and styling of the font such as color, bold, italic, and underline.
6. The Alignment section allows you to format the text in the selected cell(s). You can change the vertical and horizontal alignment of the text and you can also change the orientation of the text so that it displays diagonally. Wrap Text allows you to display text on two or more lines, and Merge & Center allows you to combine different cells and center the text.
7. The Number section allows you to format numbers that are contained in the Excel document.
8. The Styles section allows you to format cells. The Conditional Formatting allows you to specify a certain range to be formatted; for example, if you want to highlight numbers less than 100 you would use conditional formatting. Format as Table allows you to style an entire section of cells at once, and Cell Styles allows you to format a single cell.
9. The Cells area allows you to Insert, Delete, and Format different things within the Excel document. Insert allows you to insert cells, rows, columns, and entire sheets. Delete allows you to delete cells, rows, columns, and sheets. Format allows you to change the height and width of a cell, row, or column; it also allows you to hide and unhide cells, rows, columns, and sheets. You can also use the Cells area to organize sheets and protect them.
10. The Editing section allows you to make changes to the entire document without having to specify what to do. The AutoSum will calulate the sum, average, greatest and least values of a group of numbers. The Fill section fills a cell from either the left, right, up, or down. For example if you have 100 in a cell and you want to put it in the cell below it you would use up. Sort & Filter allows you to sort from least to greatest or from A to Z or Z to A if you prefer. Filtering, for example, would take the numbers less than 10. Find & Select allows you to find different things withing the document.