Connecting to a departmental web page using Dreamweaver
SHSU Technology Tutorials | Dreamweaver
The following guide will show you how to connect to a departmetal website.
Select Manage Sites from the drop down menu in the business catalyst section
When the new window opens, click on New
On this screen you will need to provide some information:
- For Site Name, name the website something descriptive so that you can recognize it in the future. You can name it whatever you want
- For the Local Site Folder, enter the following \\188.8.131.52\xxxx\public_html\
- Enter the specific folder for your departmental website
- If you have issues please call the Service Desk
Next, you will need to setup the server.
- To do this, click Servers in the right hand column
- On the bottom of the window, click the + button
You will now need to enter the server information:
- For Server Name, you can enter whatever you want. Most just leave it as is
- For the Connect using: section, select Local/Network
- For Server Folder, enter \\184.108.40.206\xxxxx\
- xxxx is indicative of the server. It should be the same as the local site folder
- The Web URL can be left as is
- Click Save
Select OK when complete
Now that you have set up your site definition, you may edit and publish your website from Dreamweaver.