Microsoft Word: Mailings
The mailings tab is used to create envelopes and labels that can be used in the mail. It can also be used to create emails.
1. To set up the page for an envelope click the "Envelopes" button. You can then selece the size of the envelope you will be using as well as various other properties.
2. To adjust the printing options for an envelope click the "Envelopes" button then select the "Printing Options" tab. From there you can adjust the way the printer feeds the envelope.
3. To create a label click the "Labels" button. To change the printing options or they type of label you are using click the options button down at the bottom.
4. The "Start Mail Merge" button allows you to select a number of types of document that you can create. The last item in the list is the wizard which will help you determine which one to use if you are not sure.
5. To gather information for creating an envelope click the "Select Recipients" button. This will enable you to create a new contact list, use an existing contact list, or select a list from Outlook.
6. The "Edit Recipient List" button allows you to edit the recipients information, sort your recipients, or filter them.
7. The "Address Block" button allows you to format the both the mailing address or the return address.
8. The "Insert Merge Field" button allows you to enter a specific field from the recipient list.
9. The "Preview" button allows you to preview what the document would look like when it prints. The "Finish and Merge" button compiles the data into a different document so that you can print it.
10. The "Merge to Adobe PDF" button allows you to convert the Microsoft Word document into a PDF file.