Cisco IP Phones: 7970 Customizing Phone Settings
7970 Customizing Phone Settings
Adjusting the Handset, Speakerphone, and Headset Volume
You can adjust the volume of the caller for the handset, speakerphone, and headset separately. When you change the volume for one, the others are not affected.
- Press the up or down Volume button when the handset, speakerphone, or headset are in use.
- To save this volume setting for future calls, press the Save softkey.
Adjusting the Ringer Volume
To change the volume of the ringer:
- Press the up or down Volume button to hear sample rings and to adjust the volume to the desired level. The ringer volume setting will be automatically saved.
Personalizing the Ringer Sound
To change the ringing sound on each of your lines:
- Press the Settings button.
- Use the Navigation button to select User Preferences and then press the Select softkey.
- Use the Navigation button to select Rings and then the Select softkey. You will see two different ring types on the LCD screen: default ring and a ring type for each of your lines.
- To select the ring type for the default tone, use the Navigation button to highlight Default Ring and then the Select softkey.
- Use the Navigation button to scroll through the list of ring types and press the Play softkey to hear the selected ring.
- Press the Select softkey and then the Save softkey to accept and save your default ringer selection.
- Press the Exit softkey to exit the Settings menu.
Note: To configure a specific line, use the Navigation button to scroll through the list of your lines. When you find the line you want to configure, press the Select softkey and follow steps 4 and 5 above. Changing the Background Image
To change the background image on your phone:
- Press the settings button
- Select User Preferences
- Select Background images
- Press Select to choose an image or Exit to return to the menu