Microsoft Office 2013 - Outlook FAQs
SHSU Technology Tutorials | Microsoft Office 2013
How can I tell which e-mail messages are unread?
By default, unread messages are in blue. This is a change from previous versions of Outlook where messages were in black and bolded.
Why are my voicemails not in my trash after I delete them?
In Outlook 2013, voicemails are permanently deleted. They will not be sent to your deleted items section.
If you have a voicemail from an older version of Outlook, you will need to press "Shift + Delete" to delete it.
Can I change the colors scheme of my Outlook profile?
Yes. Go to:
- Office Theme.
You will be able to select from one of three colors (White, Light Gray, Dark Gray).
How can I get a separate window when I reply to an email message?
All you have to do is click the "Pop Out" button.
What happened to my signatures?
In some cases, the upgrade to Outlook 2013 has caused the signature block to be removed. To create a new signature, do the following:
- Click File > Options > Mail. Under Compose messages, click signatures.
- In the Email Signature tab, click new, and then type a name for the signature.
- In the Edit Signature box, type the text that you want to include in the signature, then use the tools to format it.
If you’ve already created a signature, you can copy it from one of your sent messages and then paste it here.
To automatically add a signature to new email messages, do the following:
- From any view, click File >Options>Mail. Under compose messages click Signatures.
- Under Choose default signature, choose the signature to add to New Messages. If you want, choose a different signature for Replies and Forwards.
To manually add a signature to a new message:
- Start a new message,
- On the Message Tab, in the Include group, click Signature
- Click the signature that you want.
Why does Outlook search my entire inbox?
The default search is set to “Current Mailbox". You can change it to search just a particular folder under Options > Search.