Technology Procurement Process
IT has reviewed the items listed below and has determined that they are approved for departmental purchase. If the item you seek is on the list below, IT@Sam will not need to be involved and you can follow your procurement options.
Please remember controlled items may not be purchased on the p-card and that since IT has not reviewed the devices prior to purchase they may not operate as expected. Please make sure to review IT-10 in regards to any Flash Drives or External Storage devices.
- Audio Recorders
- Cables, Cords, and other items to connect or extend USB devices, monitors, etc...
- Carrying cases, bags or other protective casings for mobile devices
- Copiers (which do not require a network connection ie. network scanning or emailing)
- IT will have to process the PO but the department will need to negotiate the contract and find the vendor
- Digital cameras
- and their memory cards
- DVD/Blu-Ray players
- Gaming devices – Wii, Xbox, Playstation, etc.
- Gifts or awards
- Mobile Device (laptop, ipad...) Accessories
- Please use account code # 727600
- USB flash/thumb/jump drives not requiring a power supply
- external hard drives typically require a power supply, and are NOT approved for purchase without review. Typically limited to devices over 500GB in size.
If the item you seek is not listed above, submit a work order to IT@Sam providing as many details as possible to help expedite the request. More information on what to include can be found here.