Service: Network Access
Nell is the legacy University database
Standard Service Features
- Sends and receives electronic messages.
- Receives voicemail
- Provides a calendar feature with scheduling capability.
- Provides a campus e-mail address directory, Global Address List.
- Allows for 50MB (retiree, alumni), 80MB (student), and 180MB (faculty/staff) storage space by default.
- Allows for sending and receiving files as attachments.
- Web access to your mailbox and calendar items when away from your office and home.
- Provides server-side virus and spam filtering.
- Allows for shared mailboxes, contacts, and calendars
- Allows creation of personal distribution lists and personal contacts.
Optional Service Features
- SHSU desktops or laptops (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, most any mail client)
- Smartphone & PDA
- Web Access: http://cas.shsu.edu/owa
24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays.
- Be a current SHSU employee, student, alumni, or retiree.
- A working network connection.
- An Internet ready, working desktop or laptop connected to the campus network
- Active computer account.
This service is obtained automatically upon account creation through SamWeb (ww2.shsu.edu).
Help with this service may be obtained through the IT@Sam Service Desk, (936) 294-1950 or by clicking on the IT@Sam Help icon on the computer desktop.
Targets of this service are:
- 99.9% uptime, not including scheduled change outages.
- Restore service upon non-planned service outage.