- DSL – Wide range of speeds depending on the provider. DSL uses telephone lines to connect, but separates out the voice and data lines. Users can talk on the phone and surf the internet at the same time. Approximate cost: $17.99 to $42.99 per month. Available through AT&T and Verizon
- Cable – Users must subscribe to cable-television/Internet service. Typically fast and allows users to stay connected all the time. No log-in process. Starting price: $19.95 for Suddenlink.
- More popular in areas where DSL/Cable are unavailable or unreliable
- Generally slower then DSL/Cable and experience high latency because of slow data transmissions.
- Approximate cost: low: $29.95 per month; High: $349.99 per month *May include equipment cost.
- Available from Starband (no dealers in Huntsville), HughesNet, WildBlue, Skyway
- Usually used for laptops
- Can connect through cellular provider with proper contract and equipment
- Price varies depending on provider and service offered
- Contact your Cellular provider for more details
- Public Wi-Fi access ports.
Find out More
What are the Different Ways to Connect to the Internet?
How Can I Get the Best Broadband Service?