Service: Lab Computer Repair
Provides warranty and replaces computer every 4 to keep up with warranty coverage and SHSU IT@Sam specifications. Currently, not all of the computers on the campus have a warranty, but we have begun a recycle plan that will eventually have all instructional computers with warranty coverage.
Standard Service Features
- Replace computers prior to warranty ends
- Configure podium computer to work with Projector
- Troubleshoot and Repair
- ADA Software/Hardware installation
- Software installation/removal
- Add computer to SHSU domain
- Manage cables
- Provide Training to faculty/staff
Optional Service Features
- Level 2 PC
- Non-Standard Software
SHSU Labs campus-wide
Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Be a current SHSU employee
This service is managed by the IT@Sam Department, and in most cases should not require a Service Initiation. If one is needed, it can be obtained by requesting access with a work-order through the IT@Sam Work Order System.
Help with this service may be obtained through the IT@Sam Service Desk, (936) 294-1950 or by clicking on the IT@Sam Help icon on the computer desktop.
Dependent on if an exception is approved by the SHSU VP and the SHSU CIO.
Targets of this service are:
- Replacement of an entire lab typically takes 5 business days once the equipment and room is available. Software can take up to a week to populate and/or manually install