Tech Tip: E-mail Archiving
All faculty and staff have an additional "Online Archive" mailbox that can be used for archiving e-mail online. This mailbox has a quota of 5GB. Any mailbox items (e-mail, tasks, calendar entries) located in your primary mailbox that is older than two (2) years will now be automatically moved to the "Online Archive" mailbox. Note: The "Online Archive" is not available through any mobile device, Outlook 2011 and Mac Mail for Mac OSX.
If you would like to save your old e-mails, we
recommend using the mailbox archive tool.
All you have to do is either:
- click and drag the mailbox items you wish to save, to the archive folder.
- or right click on the mailbox item and click "Move" and select the "Other Folder" from the drop down menu. Select the Online Archive from the list.
Items in this folder will not count against your inbox quota.
You can create folders and organize emails just as you would any other folder.
Outlook - PC
This feature is not available for Macs using Outlook or Mac Mail.
Search for Older Mailbox Items
With Outlook 2013, you can search for items that are older a certain amount of time. Follow these steps:
- Select the Folder Tab
- Select "New Search Folder"
- On the pop up menu, highlight "Old mail"
- Change the time frame you wish to search
- Select which folder you wish to search
- Click "OK"
Outlook Web Access (OWA) Users - PC and Mac
If you are using Outlook Web Access (OWA), you will need to find the section labeled
Online Archive - Last Name, First Name