New Bearkat OneCard
New Bearkat OneCards were mailed from HigherOne during the week of June 16th. If you have not received your new OneCard, you should soon! The Bearkat OneCard Office will be working diligently on re-issuing OneCards throughout the summer. The current orange OneCards will be deactivated in the Fall.
So what's different?
- The overall look of the card will be different. Instead of the orange and white Austin Hall photo, Sammy Bearkat on a black background, as depicted to the right, will be the new look.
- There are two mag stripes on the back of the card, rather than one. Use the silver stripe for purchases, use the black stripe for SHSU functions such as entry to the Residence Halls, HKC, sporting events, and to use your meal plan.
- Your full 9-digit SamID will be embedded rather than the 7-digit number as before.
What do I do when I get my new card?
- You will need to activate your card online.
- Destroy your old card. Be sure that you shred or cut up your old card before discarding.
I haven't received my card. What do I do?
Your new card will be mailed to the address that is on file with HigherOne. Your first step will be to login and confirm your address on file with HigherOne. Once you have confirmed the correct address, you will need to contact the Bearkat OneCard Office for additional assistance in having your card reissued.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Bearkat OneCard Office at x4-CARD (x4-2273) or firstname.lastname@example.org