Upgrades Over Break
In an effort to improve the quality of technology services offered to our campus, IT@Sam has implemented a number of upgrades and changes to the campus over the winter break.
Labs and Classrooms
- IT@Sam has replaced the computers in Whitehall 120 and LDB 415 with new HP’s.
- We will be working with Data Projections to upgrade the classroom Audio Visual equipment in Evans 315, 318, 351, 353, 313, 251, 258, 320, and LDB 431 and LDB 205. These upgrades include new LCD projectors as well as a new audio system and podium for each of these rooms.
- IT@Sam has purchased two new whiteboards to be used in LDB 407, and hope to have them installed before the Spring semester.
- The IT@Sam Service Teams will be going through the classrooms and IT@Sam labs to do computer and audio/visual equipment maintenance in preparation for the new semester. Any audio visual equipment (i.e. projectors or speakers) in the computer labs will be tested to ensure that they are properly working.
- Computers in the IT@Sam computer labs will be tested to ensure that they are properly connected to the SHSU network and that the necessary software is installed and properly working.
- The networking group just completed a large scale hardware upgrade in the data center. The old hardware (Legacy) was about 4 years old and in need of replacement. The new hardware (Nexus) does everything Legacy does and then some.
- This new Nexus hardware will provide faster networking speeds. This will potentially reduce log in time across campus.
- This upgrade will also provide more redundancy, or overlapping equipment. In the event of a network failure the time to resolve (failing over) will decrease. This means that our campus will not be inconvenienced very long should the network fail.
If you have questions, please contact the Service Desk.