Fall Semester Software Requests
Believe it or not, we are over a month into 2013. It's amazing how fast time flies. With that in mind, the fall semester is fast approaching. If you know you will need special software for the upcoming fall semester please let us know as soon as possible.
To ensure adequate time for installation and testing of new network software, the requests must be received, licensing in place, and the software delivered to IT@Sam by June 1, 2013. However, the sooner, the better! A significant level of testing is needed to assure the application will not impact other programs---and that your students can access it as you intended. After it is installed you will be notified and asked to test the software. Therefore, please leave sufficient time for installation and your testing phase.
If you will be requesting the addition of an application to the campus network the following factors must be satisfied when choosing or purchasing an application.
- Software must be compatible with Windows 7
- Software must be a network application
- An adequate number of user licenses must be purchased by your department
What you will need :
- What is the Vendor Name, Title, and Version Number of the software?
- For how many computers will this software be licensed?
All license information must be supplied to IT@Sam with a copy of the software
- How will the software be delivered to IT@Sam? If Web Download is selected, supply the URL link to the software in the Workorder Description field.
- For which semester will the software be requested? Please review the policy page for software Request Deadlines.
- Who will need to run this software? If Specified Users or Specified Computer Labs(s) is selected, use the Workorder Description field to specify.
- Has this request been approved by your department chair? Please include copy of e-mail approval if so.
If you have any questions feel free to e-mail the Service Desk or call (4-HELP).