Microsoft Office 2013 Coming This Month
For the past three years SHSU has been using Office 2010 on all Windows machines but the time has come to move onward to the newest version. Microsoft Office 2013 is Microsoft's newest productivity suite for the Windows Operating System. The official upgrade date is August 9th.
Please note that this upgrade is only for machines running Windows. Our campus Macs will still run Office 2011.
There are always reservations when it comes to change, so to help with this process we are offering a few lecture and hands-on trainings that will demonstrate the differences between Office 2010 and Office 2013.
After the upgrade is complete, your first time logging into your computer may take a short time longer for your application settings to take effect.
- Flatter look of the Ribbon interface and subtle animations when typing or selecting (Word and Excel)
- A new visualization for scheduled tasks in Microsoft Outlook
- Remodeled start screen
- New graphical options in Word
- Objects such as images can be freely moved; they snap to boundaries such as paragraph edges, document margin and or column boundaries
- Ability to return to the last viewed or edited location in Word and PowerPoint
- New slide designs, animations and transitions in PowerPoint 2013
- Support for Outlook.com and Hotmail.com in Outlook
- Excel 2013 supports new limit models.
- Microsoft SharePoint Workspace
- Microsoft Clip Organizer
- Microsoft Office Picture Manager
- Office 2007 and Office 2010 chart styles
- Ability to insert a 3D cone, pyramid, or cylinder chart