How To Avoid Locked Files in Banner
A common issue that we have noticed with Banner is files that cannot be manipulated because they are locked by another person using Internet Native Banner. For instance if I am looking up someone's information in Banner that person may not be able to register for classes while I have their records open on my screen. Due to this it is vital that you all remember to exit that person's record as soon as you are done with your tasks in that record.
How to Improve Your Remote Desktop Experience
When logging into the remote server (remote.shsu.edu) there are some adjustments that can be made if you are not satisfied with the speed on the server.
- Clean your roaming profile
- Check to make sure your profile is no greater than 75 MB
- Adjust the display settings
- 640 x 480 is the optimal display setting
- Adjust the settings on the “Experience” tab of the Remote Desktop Connection
- Select the connection speed that is closest to your network speed
For more information please read the full article from the June IT@Sam Newsletter
Encourage Your Students to Enter Our Poster Contest!
October is Cyber Security Awareness month and IT@Sam is proud to announce that we are hosting a Cyber Security Poster Contest.
- This contest is open to all currently enrolled students at Sam Houston State University.
- Students can submit more than one poster.
- Students must be willing to make minor adjustments if necessary based on feedback from judging committee.
For more information please read the full article in the July edition IT@Sam Newsletter.