Phone and Computer Moves - Please Help Us to Help You!
IT@Sam is requesting that all work orders to have a telephone moved be placed at least 3 business days in advance and work orders to move computers be placed at least 5 business days in advance of the requested move date, or as soon as you know that a move of either sort will be necessary.
In IT@Sam, we will always do our best to accomodate your service requests regardless of lead time. However, advance notices helps us to facilitate the needs of everyone on campus and more consistently meet your needs.
For more information about this and all Work Orders please contact the Service Desk at 4-HELP.
SHSU Dial-in Modem Service Set to Retire 9/1
Due to rising cost and low usage, the SHSU modem service finally gets to retire this year. After September 1, 2011, dial-in modem services will no longer be offered by IT@Sam. If you are someone who uses the modem bank to access the internet, please locate a service provider in your area that will meet your needs. The IT@Sam Service Desk can give you suggestions for alternatives to dial-in Internet service if needed, just give us a call at 4-HELP.
New Method to Connect to Department Websites
As a result of recent upgrades and system improvements, the way you connect to your department website accounts has changed. As of June 10, connections to your departmental website account hosted on unx1.shsu.edu are now created by mapping a local drive to \\unx1\department website username (for example \\unx1\ucs_www). If you currently have your Dreamweaver or Contribute software set up as FTP or SFTP, your connection will need to be reset.
How to Connect the U Drive:
- Go to the Start menu and select the My Computer.
- On the top pull-down menu, select Tools and then Map Network Drive.
- In the Map Network Drive dialog box, select the letter drive you wish to map to. Under “Folder” input the connection path, as indicated at the beginning of this document. Any drive can be used that is not already being used for another connection.
- To connect to a departmental website please select the Connect using a different user name option. In the “Connect As…” dialog box, input your username and password. You may need to enter “shsu\username” in the User Name box if you are off campus on a non-university machine.
- Click OK on the “Connect As…” dialog box, then hit “Finish” on the “Map Network Drive” dialog box. You should now be connected to your network share.
For assistance, please contac tthe IT@Sam Web Services team via e-mail at email@example.com