Computer Account Information
All University faculty, staff, and students are eligible for a computer account to allow them access to University computing resources. Certain restrictions and policies apply to the allocation and usage of these accounts.
- Activate your Student computer account. All students accepted into SHSU are elligible for a computer account that grants them access to the campus network, e-mail, and Blackboard.
- Change computer account passwords. This utility allows students, faculty, and staff to change their passwords.
- Request a faculty/staff computer account. Staff or faculty members that require special administrative programs may submit the online form to activate an account.
- For assistance please contact the Helpdesk either via e-mail or by phone at 936-294-1950. The Helpdesk may also be reached on location in room 208 of Academic Building I.
- New Student Computer Account Orientation
- After accumulating 15 hours of SHSU credit, students are eligible to keep their e-mail accounts indefinitely. As long as students access their e-mail within a six-month period, they may continue using their "email@example.com" address.
- Interactive access is only permitted for those students who have been accepted for an upcoming semester and who are currently enrolled in SHSU courses.