1. What are fractions?
2. What do you do when you subtract fractions?
3. What fraction would you write for the picture below to show how many
of the stripes are white?
4. What fraction would you write for the shaded area of the square?
5. Which fraction represents choice "D." above?
6. Which choice represents this problem, "7/10 - 3/8 =" ?
M. "Three-eighths minus seven-tenths equals"
N. "Seven-tenths plus three-eighths equals"
O. "Seven-tenths minus three-eighths equals"
P. "Eight-thirds minus ten-sevenths"
7. What was done wrong in choice "D." above? The numerator and
denominators are switched, and the fractions are switched
8. The baker made a pie. He sells two pieces to the first customer and
four pieces to the second customer. If the pie had fourteen pieces to start
with, which problem could be used to show how much of the pie was left?
M. 4/14 + 2/14 = amount of the pie left
N. 3/7 - 1/7 = amount of the pie left
O. 4/14 - 2/14 = amount of the pie left
P. 14/14 - 6/14 = amount of the pie left
9. In Mrs. Johnson's Science class, Maria found this flower. As the day
went on, 6 of the petals fell off. Which problem best represents how many
petals were still on the flower?
M. 6/10 - 4/10 = amount of petals still on the flower
N. 10/10 - 4/10 = amount of petals still on the flower
O. 10/10 - 6/10 = amount of petals still on the flower
P. 4/10 + 6/10 = amount of petals still on the flower
10. How would you write answer choice "A." above in words?
Please print out your post test. Click here to see answers!