1. What are fractions?
2. What do you do when you subtract fractions?
3. What fraction would you write for the picture below to show how many
of the stripes are red?
4. What fraction would you write for the shaded area of the square?
5. Which fraction represents choice "C." above?
6. Which choice represents this problem, "3/10 - 1/8 =" ?
A. "One-eighth minus three-tenths equals"
B. "Three-tenths plus one-eighth equals"
C. "Three-tenths minus one-eighth equals"
D. "Eight-ones minus ten-thirds"
7. The baker made a pie. He sells one piece to the first customer and
three pieces to the second customer.
If the pie had six pieces to start with, which problem could be used to
show how much of the pie was left?
A. 1/6 + 3/6 = amount of the pie left
B. 6/7 - 4/7 = amount of the pie left
C. 3/6 - 1/6 = amount of the pie left
D. 6/6 - 4/6 = amount of the pie left
8. In Mrs. Johnson's Science class, Maria found this flower. As the day
went on, 7 of the petals fell off.
Which problem best represents how many petals were still on the flower?
A. 7/10 - 3/10 = amount of petals still on the flower
B. 10/10 - 3/10 = amount of petals still on the flower
C. 7/10 + 3/10 = amount of petals still on the flower
D. 10/10 - 7/10 = amount of petals still on the flower
Please print out your pre test. Click here to see answers!