Perimeter, Area, and
Volume of a Rectangular Prism
Pre Test Questions
1. Length times width is the formula for determining-
a. The area of a rectangle
b. The circumference of a rectangle
c. The perimeter of a rectangle
d. The height of a rectangle
2. If we want the volume of a rectangular prism, we should
a. Add the length, width, and height together.
b. Add the length and width and divide by the height
c. Multiply the length, times the width, times the height
d. Count all of the squares on one of the faces
3. To figure the surface area of a rectangular
prism, one should
a. Figure the volume and divide by 3
b. Compute the length times the width times the height
c. Compute the length times the height squared
d. Compute the length times the width of each of the six faces and then
add them together
4. A Cube is-
a. A rectangle
b. A rectangular prism with all faces being squares
c. A rectangular prism with two opposing faces being squares
d. A rectangular prism with parallelograms on the sides
5. Look at the following rectangular prism.
What is the height?
6. In the previous diagram, what is the length?
7. In the previous diagram, what is the width?
8. In this diagram, if each block equals 1, what is the surface area?
9. In this diagram, if each block equals 1, what is the volume?
10. How many faces does a rectangular prism have?
Please print out your pre test. Click here to see answers!