Using Proper Tools to Solve
1. The diameter of a circle is the
a. Distance around the outside of a circle
b. Distance from one side to the other passing through the center
c. Distance from the center to any side of the circle
2. To determine the circumference of a circle, we use which of the following
a. µ r2
c. p r2
3. The circumference of a circle is the
a. Distance around the circle.
b. Distance from the center to any side of the circle
c. Distance from one side to the other passing through the center
4. What is the measurement of the circumference of a circle if the diameter
is 6 inches long?
5. A water tank in a town is 37 feet in diameter. What is the distance
a. 42.453 ft.
b. 84.52 ft.
c. 96 ft.
d. 116.18 ft.
6. What formula do you use to find the area of a triangle?
a. Length times width
d. Measure around each of the three sides
7. Look at this triangle. The area is-
8. Pi is closest to which of the following numbers
9. The symbol for Pi is-
10. Which of these triangles has the least area?
Please print out your pre test. Click here to see answers!