Problem Solving With Multiplication And Division
1. Which of the diagrams on the right illustrate the multiplication of
4 X 3?
2. Multiply 11 X 10 in your head. What's the answer
3. To find the area of a rectangle, we
a. Add the length plus the width times 2
b. Divide the length by the width
c. Add the length and the width together
d. Multiply the length times the width
4. The floor to your classroom is represented in 1 foot square blocks
as shown. How many square feet are there?
5. A ratio is-
a. A fraction in which the numerator and denominator have different units
b. A fraction in which the numerator and denominator have the same units
6. When you convert dollars into another foreign currency, you check the
a. Money market funds
b. Exchange rates
c. Funds available
d. Cost of living
7. On a map, it says that one inch equals 20 miles. You measure the distance
you are traveling and it is exactly 7 inches. How far will your trip be?
a. 7 miles
b. 70 miles
c. 140 miles
d. 1400 miles
8. You are working in a restaurant for $7.00 per hour. You work a full
40 hour work week. Your friend Joe works for $8.00 per hour for 30 hours.
Who makes more money in the week?
9. Fractions that have the different units of measure are called
10. You are averaging 70 Miles per hour on the freeway. With no stops,
how far will you go in 3 hours.
a. 140 miles
b. 155 miles
c. 175 miles
d. 210 miles
Please print your answers. Click here to see the correct answers.