1. What is perimeter?
a.The distance around an area
b.The length of a side.
c.The length of two sides
d.The area inside an object
2. How do you find the perimeter of a shape?
a. Multiply all sides of the shape
b. multiply two sides of the shape
c. Add all sides of the shape
d. Add two sides of the shape
3. Which problem will find the perimeter of the given shape:
a. 7 x 6 x 7 x 6
b. 7 x 6
c. 7 + 6
d. 7 + 6 + 7 + 6
4. Which problem will find the perimeter of this square?
a. 10 x 10
b. 10 x 10 x 10 x 10
c. 10 + 10
d. 10 + 10 + 10 + 10
5. What is the perimeter of this rectangle?
a. 66 feet
b. 968 feet
c. 88 feet
d. 132 feet
6. If Jim was running around all of the bases on a baseball field that
were 70 feet apart, what is the distance that he would have to run.
a. 70 feet
b. 140 feet
c. 280 feet
d. 4900 feet
7. Mindy is growing a flower garden but the animals keep eating her roses.
She has decided to build a rectangular fence around her garden to protect
it. One side is 151 feet and across from it is 151 feet. What other information
do you need to help Jill find out the total length of fencing is needed
for her project?
a. I can figure it out with the information provided.
b. I need to know the length of another side.
c. I need to know the length of two other sides.
d. This problem is impossible to figure out.
8. I'm going to place a rope around the perimeter of our school playground
that is in the shape of an octagon. The sides are 10 yards, 10 yards, 8
yards, 8 yards, 5 yards, 5 yards, 9 yards and 9 yards. How many yards of
rope will be needed for the perimeter?
a. 64 yards
b. 164 yards
c. 38 yards
d. 158 yards
9. What is the perimeter of a square classroom that has the length of
17 feet on one side?
a. 289 feet
b. 34 feet
c. 153 feet
d. 68 feet
10. We need to replace the fence around our pasture for our horses. There
are 6 sides to the fence. Three of the sides are 22 yards, 2 of the sides
are 16 yards and one side is 10 yards. What is the perimeter of the fence?
a. 108 yards
b. 56 yards
c. 94 yards
d. 48 yards
Please print out your post test. Click here to see answers!