Factors and Multiples-
Greatest Common Factor
TEK 6.1E Objective 1
1. Which of these is the best definition for the greatest common factor
of two numbers?
a. The smallest number that will go into the larger of the two numbers
b. The dividend of the larger number of the two.
c. The largest number that is a factor of both of them.
d. The digit that is the same in both numbers
2. Which of these explains how to find the greatest common factor of two
a. List the factors of both numbers and find which of them are the same
and select the largest
b. Find the prime factorizations of both numbers and multiply together
the factors that they both have in common
c. Both of these
d. Neither of these
3. Finish this diagram to find the prime factorization of 84. Which is
a. 21 X 2 X 2 X 2
b. 2 X 2 X 2 X 2
c. 6 X 3 X 2 X 2
d. 7 X 3 X 2 X 2
4. After figuring the prime factorizations of two numbers, the next step
a. Multiply all the factors together
b. Multiply the greatest factors
c. Multiply all of the factors which they have in common
d. Multiply all of the factors which they do not have in common
5. The prime factors of 14 are 7 X 2 and the prime factors of 12 are 2
X 2 X 3. What is the greatest common factor?
6. The greatest common factor of 156 and 112 is-
7. The greatest common factor of 24 and 36 is-
8. The greatest common factor of 28 and 35 is
9. The greatest common factor of 805 and 644 is
10. In the South zone, the little league has 288 players enrolled. In
the North zone, there are 416 players enrolled. What is the largest team
size that each team can have with equal size teams throughout the league,
allowing everyone to be on a team?
Please print out your pre test. Click here to see answers!