Beyond Averages: Median,
Mode and Range
6.10B C Objective 5
1. Which two of these mean the same thing
a. Range and median
b. Mode and median
c. Average and mean
d. Average and mode
2. In a range of numbers, which of these is the one that
occurs the most often?
3. To get this, you should add up all the numbers and then
divide the sum by how many numbers are in the set.
4. To get this, subtract the smallest number in the set
from the largest.
5. The average is always the best way to summarize a set
6. The mode can be the same as the median
7. Consider this string of numbers- 1,2,4,8,10 What is
8. Consider this string of numbers- 17, 19, 18, 22, 18,
25. What is the mode
9. Consider this string of numbers- 4, 8, 12, 13, 22, 28,
30, 36, 40. What is the range?
10. Consider this string of numbers- 8, 12, 15, 22, 104.
What is the median?
Please print out your pre test. Click here to see answers!