Math is Everywhere!
1. Stepping on a scale to see how much you weigh is an example of ______.
2. Which of the following activities does NOT involve math?
a) finding the sale price of a sweater
b) comparing price tags of two sweaters
c) finding a red sweater
d) calculating the tax on a sweater
3. Which of the following math skills does cooking muffins NOT involve?
4. Keeping track of the score in a football game involves________.
5. When Steven fills a graduated cylinder with water in Science class,
he is ___________.
6. Which of the following school subjects use math?
c) both of the above
d) none of the above
7. When your mother only gives you ½ of your allowance, she calculates
it by __________.
8. Joan thinks she has enough gas in her car to make it to the store.
Joan is ___________.
9. Knowing how to dress appropriately for the weather is an indication
that you know how to____________.
a) add double digit numbers
b) subtract fractions
c) read a thermometer
d) read a graph
10. If Mark wanted to know how many pages were left in the book he was
reading, he should ___________ the page number he is on from the total
number of pages in the book.
Please print out your pre test. Click here to see answers!