Math is Everywhere!
1. When your dad uses a thermometer to see if you have a temperature,
he is ___________.
2. Balancing a check book involves__________.
c) both of the above
d) none of the above
3. Which of the following activities does NOT involve math?
a) comparing the prices of two cereal boxes
b) calculating the tax on cereal
c) calculating the sale price of the cereal
d) putting the cereal in your shopping cart
4. Coach Ramirez wanted to compare the number of sit ups each student
did in his 4th period class. He can best compare them by ___________.
a) adding them all together
b) estimating the results
c) making a graph
d) dividing them by two
5. Matthew is ____________ when he thinks he has enough money to buy a
6. Which of the following activities does not involve using math?
a) paying bills
b) writing checks
c) buying gasoline
d) washing dishes
7. What math skill would you need to know if you wanted to keep score
in a baseball game?
8. Filling a test tube with 3 ounces of water is ___________.
9. Linda's last paycheck was two times her normal paycheck, Her boss calculated
her wages by ____________.
10. Knowing how to slice a pizza up evenly involves knowledge of __________.
Please print out your post test. Click here to see answers!