TEKS 5.2 A & B
Pre Test Questions
1. What is a fraction?
a. A group of numbers used to represent a point on a grid.
b. A mathematical equation.
c. A number used to name a part of a group or part of the whole.
d. A number used to name the answer to a division problem.
2. The top number in a fraction is called the ________.
3. The bottom number in a fraction represents _________.
a. how many parts there are in the whole
b. how many parts are selected
c. the left axis on a grid
d. how many points you have earned
4. Equivalent fractions represent _________.
a. the same place on a grid
b. two different amounts
c. point a and point b
d. the same number
5. Choose the fraction that represents this picture.
6. Which fraction is equivalent to 1/2?
7. Which fraction is equivalent to 1/3?
8. Which fraction is NOT equivalent to 1/4?
9. Which fraction is equivalent to 2/10?
10. Which one is an example of using fractions in life?
a. Winning a race
b. An amount in a recipe
c. The name of your dog
d. The number of people in your class
Pretest Answer Key
1. c. A number used to name a part of a group or part of the whole.
2. b. numerator
3. a. how many parts there are in the whole
4. d. the same number
5. b. ½
6. c. 3/6
7. a. 3/9
8. a. 4/5
9. d. 1/5
10. d. An amount in a recipe
Please print out your pre test. Click here to see answers!