Cause and Effect II
1. What is the EFFECT in the following sentence:
The mother bird gathers dried grass to build her nest.
A. mother bird
C. Build her next
D. gathers dried grass
2. What is the CAUSE in the following sentence:
The tree fell in the middle of the road because of the high wind.
E. high wind
G. tree fell
H. in the middle of the road
3. Select the best CAUSE for the following EFFECT.
cut her finger
B. in the house
D. Sarah picked up broken glass
4. Select the best EFFECT for the following CAUSE.
Ashley loved to read
E. story books
G. she had many books
5. What word or words indicated a CAUSE/EFFECT relationship?
When the fire alarm sounded everyone walked out of the classroom in a
6. Identify the CAUSE in the following sentence:
The yard looked nice since Kyle mowed and raked the grass.
E. looked nice
F. Kyle mowed
H. mowed and raked the grass
7. Identify the EFFECT for the following sentence:
Bradley improved his hitting after taking batting practice.
A. Bradley improved his hitting
C. taking batting practice
8. Select the best CAUSE for the following EFFECT.
The house was dark
F. electricity went out
G. last night
9. Select the best EFFECT for the following CAUSE.
the cat ran away
C. Kate cried all day
D. ran away
10. What clue word or words identify a CAUSE and an EFFECT relationship
Mom made lemonade so that the kids could have something to drink.
F. so that
G. could have
Please print out your pre test. Click here to see answers!