1. What is area?
a. The amount that a 3 dimensional shape can hold
b. The distance around a figure.
c. The amount or size of a surface, measured in square units
d. Things that are around you
2. How do you find area?
a. Multiply the length and width
b. Add all of the sides together
c. Multiply all of the sides together
d. Add the length and width
3. Which problem will give us the answer for the area of the shape below?
a. 3 + 4
b. 3 x 4
c. 4 x 4 x 4
d. 4 + 4 + 4
4. Which problem will give us the answer for the area of the shape below?
a. 5 x 5 x 5
b. 5 x 3
c. 5 + 5 + 3 + 3
d. 5 x 3 + 5 x 3
5. What is the area of the figure below?
a. 16 square units
b. 48 square units
c. 60 square units
d. 20 square units
6. What is the area of the square below?
a. 24 feet
b. 36 feet
c. 64 feet
d. 48 feet
7. What is the area of the figure below?
a. 110 feet
b. 1,342 feet
c. 450 feet
d. 40 feet
8. Jill needs new carpet in her living room that has a length of 40 feet and
a width of 10 feet. What is the area of the room that she should buy carpet
a. 70 feet
b. 140 feet
c. 100 feet
d. 400 feet
9. Sam wants to put tile in his bathroom that has a length of 10 and a width
of 9. How much is the area that needs tile?
a. 900 feet
b. 90 feet
c. 38 feet
d. 118 feet
10. Teresa and Joe both received computers for Christmas. Joe was bragging
that his computer took up more space than Teresa's computer. But Teresa thought
that her computer took up more space. If Joe's computer has a length of 25
inches and a width of 22 inches and Teresa's computer has a length of 24 inches
and a width of 23 inches, who has the computer that takes up the most space?
c. Neither, they have the same area
Click here to see answers.