1. What are the parts of a fraction?
2. What do you do when you add fractions?
3. What fraction would you write for the picture below to show how many
of the arms have on a long sleeve shirt?
4. What fraction would you write for the shaded area of the rectangle?
5. How do you say choice "C." above?
6. Which choice represents this problem, "3/8 + 5/7 =" ?
A. "Three-eighths plus seven-fifths equals"
B. "Three-eighths plus five-sevenths equals"
C. "Three-fifths plus seven-eighths equals"
D. "Eight-thirds plus seven-fifths equals"
7. Why is choice "D." above, incorrect?
8. The baker made a pie. He sells two piece to the first customer and one
pieces to the second customer. If the pie had five pieces to start with,
which problem could be used to show how much of the pie was sold?
A. 1/5 + 2/3 = amount of the pie sold
B. 2/5 + 1/5 = amount of the pie sold
C. 2/7 + 1/6 = amount of the pie sold
D. 2 + 1 = amount of the pie sold
9. In Mrs.William's kindergarten class, Anthony colors two of the boards
on the fence blue. Julie colors three of the boards green. Finally, Scott
colors one more orange. Which problem below best represents the colored
A. 1/8 + 2/6 + 3/8 =
B. 3/5 + 2/6 + 1/5 =
C. 3/8 + 3/8 =
D. 1/8 + 2/8 + 3/8 =
10. What fraction below is not represented by the colored boards on the
fence in the picture above?
Please print out your post
test. Click here to see answers!