(Sam Houston State University Information Revised 09/06/2011)
NOTICE: DATES AND/OR TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
ACCUPLACER tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by The College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student's level of skill and accomplishment in reading, writing, English and mathematics. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student and whether remedial classes are needed. ACCUPLACER presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing.
- TESTING DAYS AND TIMES: The ACCUPLACER tests are administered Monday thru Friday at either 8:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., or 2:00 p.m. Examinees need to report to the testing site at least 15-30 minutes prior to their scheduled testing time on their scheduled testing date. A maximum of three hours of actual testing time is allowed once the timing of the test has begun. Click here to register online!
- REGISTRATION/ADMINISTRATION/TEST FEE: A non-refundable, non-transferable registration/administration/test fee of $50.00 is required to take the ACCUPLACER test at SHSU. Students may register for a scheduled test date by coming to the Testing Center, paying the test fee (check, money order, or credit card - Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover), and having their name placed on the list for a specific testing date. If registering by mail, a check or money order (made payable to SHSU) must be sent along information indicating the examinee's name, address, social security number, requested date for testing, and phone number where the student may be reached. If registering by phone, a credit card - Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover is the only form of payment accepted during the phone conversation. Registrations will be taken until the test begins or until the test room is full (seating is limited and registrations are done on a first come-first served basis).
- TESTING RULES AND CONDITIONS: Students are responsible for reading the Testing Rules and Conditions listed below prior to taking any ACCUPLACER test. Students arriving for an exam after testing has begun will not be allowed to test on that particular testing day. If they would like to reschedule to test on another testing day they will be required to pay the test fee again.
- ITEMS NEEDED: Students need to bring a current picture identification with signature, one other form of ID (i.e. social security card, student ID, birth certificate, etc.) and their social security number on the day of the test. Examinees will not be allowed to start testing without picture identification and the testing session will not be delayed waiting for proper identification to be presented.
- SCORES: Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test. You will be given a copy of your scores before you leave the Testing Center. A copy of all ACCUPLACER scores for one testing day will be forwarded to the Registrar's Office at the end of the testing day. Please check with the Registrar's Office for current passing score requirements.
- REGISTRATION AND CLASSES: Please check with the Registrar's Office (936/294-4280 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information concerning ACCUPLACER scores, waivers, exemptions, developmental course requirements, and registration requirements for classes at SHSU.
- STUDENT GUIDE WEB SITE: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/accuplacer
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Students needing additional information concerning the ACCUPLACER may write to the Testing Center, Sam Houston State University, Box 2240, Huntsville, Texas 77341-2240; visit the office in Academic Building IV, Room 102; call (936) 294-1025; or send an email to email@example.com.
- Click here to register online.