(Sam Houston State University Policy Information–Revised 09/10/2013)
The TSI Assessment tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by The College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student’s level of skill and accomplishment in reading, writing, and mathematics. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student and whether developmental classes are needed. The TSI Assessment presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing.
TESTING DAYS AND TIMES:
- Monday thru Friday
- Walk-in basis only up until 1:00 p.m.
- The test is untimed, but will comply with Testing Center business
- $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Walk-in basis
- Seating is limited and registrations are done on a first-come, first-served basis).
- Current unexpired picture identification
- Second form of identification (i.e., social security card, student ID, birth certificate, etc.)
- Student ID number
- Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test.
- Students taking the TSI ASSESSMENT can retest at any time.
- Registration/administration fee applies.
- Visit our website at www.shsu.edu/testing.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the office located in Academic Building IV, Room 102
- Call (936) 294-1025
- Write to the Testing Center, Box 2240 SHSU, Huntsville, Texas 77341-2240