(Sam Houston State University Policy Information–Revised 11/02/2015)
The TSI Assessment tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by The College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student’s level of skill and accomplishment in reading, writing, and mathematics. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student and whether developmental classes are needed. The TSI Assessment presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing.
December 2, 2015 Testing Schedule
The Testing Center will be closed the morning of December 2, 2015. No scheduled exams will be available; however, walk-ins for the TSI/ACCUPLACER exams will be allowed beginning at 1:00 p.m.
December 17, 2015 Testing Schedule
The Testing Center will be closed between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on December 17, 2015. No scheduled exams or walk-ins will be available during this time. Walk-ins for the TSI/ACCUPLACER exams will be allowed beginning at 1:00 p.m. Scheduled exams for the 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. test sessions will not be affected.
- All examinees must be pre-assessed before taking the TSI Assessment exam
- Information and instructions for taking the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) can be found here.
TESTING DAYS AND TIMES (Huntsville Campus):
- Monday - Friday
- Walk-in basis up until 1:00 p.m. (Notice: examinees taking only one portion of the exam will be allowed to walk-in up until 2:00 p.m.)
- The test is untimed, but will comply with Testing Center business (all exams will be stopped/closed 15 minutes before the close of business)
- Seating is limited and registrations are done on a first-come, first-served basis).
- Initial test fee: $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Retest fee (non-refundable, non-transferable):
- 1 subject area: $15.00
- 2 subject areas: $30.00
- 3 subject areas: $50.00
- Current, unexpired picture identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- Student ID number
- Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test.
- Students taking the TSI ASSESSMENT can retest at any time.
- Registration/administration fee applies.
- For the free TSI Web-Based Study App, click here
- Visit our website at www.shsu.edu/testing.
- Email email@example.com
- Visit the office located in Academic Building IV, Room 102
- Call (936) 294-1025
- Write to the Testing Center, Box 2240 SHSU, Huntsville, Texas 77341-2240