For Currently Enrolled SHSU Students ONLY
(Sam Houston State University Policy - 9/9/2013)
NOTICE: DATES AND/OR TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- REQUIREMENTS: Students wishing to take the Representative TExES Test at Sam Houston State University must be approved by the College of Education before being allowed to take the test.
- TESTING DATES/LOCATION/REGISTRATION PERIOD: All registration periods begin at 8:00 a.m. on the first day and end at 5:00 p.m. on the last day.
Test DateLocationRegistration Period
October 19, 2013 Lee Drain - Follow Signs9-30-13 - 10-11-13
November 2, 2013 Lee Drain - Follow Signs
10-14-13 - 10-25-2013
December 7, 2013 Lee Drain - Follow Signs
11-11-13 - 11-22-13
- REGISTRATION TIMES: Refer to above schedule. Registration will not be done on the day of the test or after the registration deadline. Test changes will not be done after you complete your registration online, the day of the exam or after the registration deadline. Click here to register online!
- REGISTRATION/ADMINISTRATION FEE: SHSU charges an $30.00 non-refundable, non-transferable registration/administration fee for the Representative TExES Test. This fee must be paid online via registration at www.shsu.edu/testing by credit card – (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) or by e-check.
- TEST TIME: Examinees will begin testing at approximately 8:00 a.m. on their scheduled testing date. Examinees need to report to the testing site 30 minutes prior to their scheduled testing time. There will be no admittance after 8:00 a.m. and examinees will not receive a refund of the registration/administration fee.
- ITEMS NEEDED:Examinees must bring with them to the testing site a current picture ID (i.e., driver's license, passport, student identification card with picture) and the registration/payment confirmation receipt. Examinees will not be allowed to start testing without picture identificationand the testing session will not be delayed waiting for proper identification to be presented.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS (Saturday Testing Only): No cell phones, electronic equipment of any kind, purses, or backpacks will be allowed in the testing building (items must be returned to vehicle or left at home). Food and drinks will need to be checked in at the front of the testing room.
- FAMILY AND/OR FRIENDS:Family and/or friends bringing an examinee for a test will not be allowed to wait in the testing area for the examinee to finish testing. These visitors will be informed of an approximate completion time and will be asked to return at that time to pick-up the examinee. If children are expected to wait in the waiting area for an examinee until they are finished testing, the examinee will not be allowed to test on that testing day. If they wish to reschedule for another testing date they will be required to pay the registration/administration fee again.
- SCORES: Score analysis sheets containing grade information will be sent by the College of Educationin approximately two weeksfollowing the test. Questions or comments regarding scores must be addressed to the Certification Officer at 936-294-3384.
- RETAKES: Contact the College of Education for more information.
- SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: Must be made with the Testing Center 2 weeks prior to test date.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Students needing additional information concerning the Representative TExES Test may contact the Testing Center by visiting our website at www.shsu.edu/testing, writing to us at Sam Houston State University, Box 2240, Huntsville, Texas 77341-2240; visiting us in Academic Building IV, Room 102; calling us at (936) 294-1025; or emailing us at email@example.com.