1. Graduate Studies Application: http://www.shsu.edu/admissions/apply-texas.html
2. Application fee
3. Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
4. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
5. Official GRE scores or demonstrated professional experience*
6. Two recommendation letters that discuss the applicant's suitability for graduate study
* GRE scores can be waived in a limited number of circumstances. If you would like to be considered for a waiver, please send a formal written request with justification to Dr. Karen Douglas.
Student may enroll for the Fall and Spring semesters (no summer admissions) and will be notified of their admission status within two weeks of the close of the application deadline. The application deadline for Spring enrollment is November 30th; the application deadline for Fall enrollment is April 30th.
Send all documents to the Office of Graduate Studies:
Sam Houston State University
Office of Graduate Studies
Huntsville, TX 77341-2478
Graduate Online Support