Membership Requirements for Undergraduates
- Must be an officially declared sociology major or demonstrate a serious interest in sociology.
- Must be at least a junior (third year).
- Overall G.P.A. of 3.0 (4 point scale).
- A 3.0 G.P.A. in sociology courses.
- At least four regular courses in sociology prior to initiation (exclusive of extension or courses graded pass/fail).
Membership Requirements for Graduates
- Completion og one half year of graduate study in sociology (i.e., one semester or two quarters or the equivalent academic unit)
- A graduate G.P.A. of B or better, and continued matriculation in a program of study leading toward a graduate degree in sociology at the host institution.
Membership Requirements for Staff
- Formal conferral f the Ph.D. in Sociology
- Or employment as a sociologist