The Student Money Management Center provides financial literacy outreach to Sam Houston State University students in the form of seminars, presentations and workshops on a number of financial literacy topics, including but not limited to:
- Good Credit vs. Bad Credit
- How to Be A Smart Shopper
- Preventing Identity Theft
- Saving Money
- Setting Financial Goals
- Establishing and Maintaining Credit
The goal of the Student Money Management Center outreach program is for students to:
- Learn how to identify and track expenses during and after college
- Create a financial survival plan for college
- Graduate with a plan for repaying your student loans and personal debt
- Locate external financial education resources
- Talk to trained professionals about personal financial decisions and issues in a confidential and comfortable environment.
- Create a personalized budget for your upcoming semester or year at SHSU
- Learn how to obtain, interpret, and understand your personal credit report/score.
- Understand employee benefits packages and retirement plans prior to accepting a career opportunity