Important News & Updates!!
- Lone Star College Pathway to SHSU Transfer Guides
- Suspension/Reinstatement directions
- Important Forms for students now available
- 2010-2012 Catalog available ONLY ONLINE
- SENIORS - Mandatory Advisement Requirement
- SAM Center Earns National Recognition
- Academic Support Team available via Skype (Instructions)
The Mission of the Student Advising and Mentoring Center (SAM Center) at Sam Houston State University is to provide intrusive academic advising and mentoring to all students assisting them in discovering methods to set personal goals, establishing strategies to achieve their objectives, enhancing skills to sharpen academic accomplishments, and providing incentives for realizing educational success.
Who We Are
The Student Advising and Mentoring Center, also known as the SAM Center, offers a wide variety of services for the students of Sam Houston State University. We offer academic advisement and enrichment services to all undergraduate and graduate students. The SAM Center is a resource dedicated to helping students adjust to academic life at Sam Houston State University. Services available include academic mentoring, aid with time management, and study skills.